pop over here
We feel it is important for individuals and organizations who donate their time and money to the Paying It Forward Foundation to have a tangible view of what we are accomplishing. It is vital for you to see what your support makes possible. Here’s what we’ve accomplished so far. We expect to provide regular updates so you can follow our progress and know that we are getting things done.
rencontre fille a dakar • Honored from Blue Caws as one of Sandy’s 70 Ovation.
• Nominated and acknowledged by First Lady Mary Pat Christie for NJ Hometown Heroes.
• Selected and acknowledged by White House Champion Of Change 2013 as top semi-finalist in nation. Received Russ Berrie award, honored by Ocean County Mayor and Council of Toms River, Interviewed Steve Adubado, Above and Beyond, Invited to participate in documentary in Washington, DC, Veterans Day Grand opening 2013 articles posted Star Ledger, Ocean sun, Asbury Park Press’ and CBS
• Cleaned, gutted and provided free mold treatment to hundreds of homes throughout the Barrier Island.
• Coordinated and networked with homeowners, volunteers, and other organizations for total rebuilds on the Barrier Island, helping three families move home as of June 2013.
• Partnered with professional engineers, mold experts and home inspectors to provide free services to assist homeowners with decision-making to move forward.
• Purchased and donated building materials such as insulation, Sheetrock, spackle and lumber for homeowners, as well as providing skilled volunteers for rebuild.
• Positioned trailer donated by Hecht Trailer of Toms River on Philadelphia Avenue in Lavallette to provide daily supplies for homeowners and volunteers.
• Found housing for displaced families and individuals no longer receiving FEMA assistance.
• Coordinated “Lavallette Project Connect” to connect homeowners with volunteers throughout the Barrier Island.
• Partnered with Portlight to provide free medical equipment, ramps, stair lifts, motorized wheelchairs, scooters, and hospital beds to the elderly and disabled.
• Secured storage unit generously donated by Central Storage in Toms River for medical equipment donated by Portlight and personally delivered equipment to those in need.
• Delivered several truckloads of donated clothes, bedding and water in November 2012 to a distribution center in Toms River, NJ for those who lost everything in Hurricane Sandy.
• Traveled throughout New Jersey to obtain supplies for volunteers, homeowners, and other organizations.
• Responded to the needs of families in New York, New Jersey and on the Barrier Island in continual need of food, clothing, furniture, and financial assistance and personally delivering these request.
• Secured supplies such as formula and diapers for pregnancy centers.
• Delivered Christmas toys for children donated by Wanaque Fire Department and Lavallette Fire Department. Toys were distributed in Toms River, Staten Island, and Newburg, NY and at Hawthorne Gospel Church for kids in Moonachie/Little Ferry, NJ.
• After many months of searching, donated a van to a disabled storm victim who lost his vehicle during Sandy.
• Organized two drop-off centers to receive donations for Oklahoma tornado victims.
• Collected coats, shoes, socks for children in Afghanistan, which was shipped by the U.S. Army “The Cat in the Hat”.
• Paying It Forward was nominated for NJ State Governor’s Jefferson Award.
• Featured on ABC’s “Above & Beyond”: http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/video?id=9154521&pid=9142406
• We donated $5,000 for the Lavalette Firehouse to re-build the Senior Center at the Firehouse